You can read my resume below or download a copy.
Professional Multimedia Journalist Experience
Charter Communications, Inc., Spectrum News, Raleigh, N.C., May 2019-present
- Cover state politics and general assignment beats for statewide local 24-hour cable news network. Stories span a wide variety of general assignments, public safety concerns and government policy issues to provide valued community information.
- Regular contributor to Capital Tonight, a statewide weeknight political news show. The reports inform North Carolinians of the activities of their elected state lawmakers.
- Conscientious and resourceful self-starter responsible for pitching, reporting, filming, writing and editing stories and executing live shots.
- Research, analyze, present and explain information from public documents relevant to reports. This allows viewers to understand the motivations behind the actions of their elected officials and the impact of their decisions.
- Continuously develop strong rapport and generate trust with news sources ranging from stakeholders and decision makers to officials in government, law enforcement and academia.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., KRCG 13, CBS Affiliate, Jefferson City, Mo., July 2013–April 2019
- Created substantive on-air and online live reports, packages and on-set presentations from throughout mid-Missouri for television news broadcasts.
- Served as a fill-in anchor as needed.
- Frequently reported on all branches of Missouri government, from city councils to state legislature and courts and federal actions.
- Assisted in launching station’s drone journalism program.
- Coordinated election night coverage for the station in addition to election night reporting duties. Compiled lists of all contested elections and assigned reporters to key races. This ensured optimal use of station resources during periods of heavy viewership.
Certifications and Technical Expertise
- FAA-certified commercial drone operator. Operate DJI Inspire 2 unmanned aircraft to gather aerial video as part of an innovative news gathering process.
- Extensive video editing experience using Final Cut Pro X and Avid Media Composer; also experienced with Grass Valley Edius.
- Proficient in videography using Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM cameras.
- Scripting experience using Avid iNEWS and Dalet Enterprise systems.
- Analyze and compile data using Microsoft Excel.
Awards and Recognition
Kansas City Press Club Heart of America Awards, First Place, Beat Reporting, June 2016
Edward R. Murrow Regional Award for Overall Excellence, July 2016
Walter Williams Scholar, University of Missouri School of Journalism, August 2008–December 2011
Missouri School of Journalism, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
Master of Arts in Journalism, Public Affairs Reporting, May 2013
Bachelor of Journalism, Convergence Journalism with a concentration in Radio-Television Journalism; Political Science minor, December 2011
Graduated Cum Laude with Honors College General Honors Certificate