You can read my resume below or download a copy.
Professional Multimedia Journalist Experience
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., KRCG 13, CBS Affiliate, Jefferson City, Mo., July 2013–present
- Accomplished in creating substantive on-air and online live reports, packages and on-set presentations from throughout mid-Missouri for television news broadcasts. Stories span a wide variety of general assignments, public safety concerns and government policy issues to provide valued community information.
- Conscientious and resourceful self-starter responsible for pitching, reporting, filming, writing and editing stories and executing live shots without the aid of a photographer.
- Frequently report on all branches of Missouri government. The reports inform residents of the activities of their elected city and state lawmakers. Interview subjects have included Missouri’s governor, U.S. senators and U.S. representatives. These reports have been requested for broadcast on other CBS or Sinclair-owned television stations.
- Coordinate election night coverage for the station in addition to election night reporting duties. Compile list of all contested elections and assign reporters to key races. This ensures optimal use of station resources during period of heavy viewership.
- Research, analyze, present and explain information from public documents relevant to reports. This allows viewers to understand the motivations behind the actions of their elected officials and the impact of their decisions.
- Continuously develop strong rapport and generate trust with news sources ranging from stakeholders and decision makers to officials in government, law enforcement and academia.
Certifications and Technical Expertise
- FAA-certified commercial drone operator. Operate DJI Inspire 2 unmanned aircraft to gather aerial video as part of an innovative news gathering process.
- Extensive experience with Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM cameras, Avid Newscutter and Media Composer and Grass Valley Edius editing systems, Avid iNEWS scripting system, and executing live shots using both Dejero and LiveU systems. Analyze and compile data using Microsoft Excel.
Awards and Recognition
Kansas City Press Club Heart of America Awards, First Place, Beat Reporting, June 2016
Edward R. Murrow Regional Award for Overall Excellence, July 2016
Associated Press Internship, Brussels, Belgium, June–July 2010
Walter Williams Scholar, University of Missouri School of Journalism, August 2008–December 2011
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, October 2004
Missouri School of Journalism, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
Master of Arts in Journalism―Public Affairs Reporting, May 2013
Bachelor of Journalism―Convergence Journalism with a concentration in Radio-Television Journalism; Political Science minor, December 2011
Graduated Cum Laude with Honors College General Honors Certificate